1.2K views

The corking, straps andleather insole are fine, but the hard rubber soles cracked, crumbled and peeled off.I emailed Birkenstock, but no one got back to me.

Over the past 20 years, I have purchased a variety of styles of Birkis and Birkenstock sandals in different colours; 11 pairs that I can count come to mind. I am extremely disappointed with the quality of this pair of sandals and Birkenstock's lack of response. Suffice to say I will not be purchasing any more Birkenstocks.

I will share my story and disappointment and will discourage others from purchasing Birkenstock sandals.

Review about: Birkenstock Sandals.

Had an Experience with Birkenstock?

Comments

London, London, United Kingdom #1188769

It happens when you don't wear them ennough. It is a long established chemical process you will find with any brand.

Statesville, North Carolina, United States #1130501

I have owned a pair of betula sandals bought at Sams Club in Portland, Me in 2007 and they still look great.I still wear them to the store and casual events.

Many good comments on those sandals.Actually looking for a new pair, maybe in a different color, because I love them so much.

Birkenstock's are the Mercedes Benz of sandals! Birk's rock!

Those look very, very well worn.The foot imprints show that there was plenty of hazard wear on these shows.

They are made out of cork and rubber not steal.So petty...

Those are not Birkenstocks. They are a cheap knock off that is not affiliated. That's probably why you did not get a call back.

Overland Park, Kansas, United States #965421

Don't ever buy Betula! Buy Birkenstock. Betula seems like a lesser brand, like a cheapo Biekenstock.

Call, don't email. It yields better results.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States #884824

Same issue with kids betula sandals! 1.5 months & cork/rubber splitting!

I tripped & fell when the rubber sole (which had separated from the cork on one of my birkenstock sandals) caught on the unmarred, debris-free concrete patio I was walking across. Besides the cuts, scraps, bruises, aches & pain I endured, I ended up with $8000 worth of dental work that might be completed after 8mo! I've suffered alot of embarrassment and my social life is non-existent.