The rubber sole of my Birkenstock Betula Florida style sandals fell apart

17 of 21 Birkenstock reviews

The corking, straps andleather insole are fine, but the hard rubber soles cracked, crumbled and peeled off.I emailed Birkenstock, but no one got back to me.

Over the past 20 years, I have purchased a variety of styles of Birkis and Birkenstock sandals in different colours; 11 pairs that I can count come to mind. I am extremely disappointed with the quality of this pair of sandals and Birkenstock's lack of response. Suffice to say I will not be purchasing any more Birkenstocks.

I will share my story and disappointment and will discourage others from purchasing Birkenstock sandals.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #502074

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Birkenstock? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 4 No 4
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
17 of 21 Birkenstock reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 23 #1188769 London, London, United Kingdom

It happens when you don't wear them ennough. It is a long established chemical process you will find with any brand.

Betula-lover

Mar 19 #1130501 Statesville, North Carolina, United States

I have owned a pair of betula sandals bought at Sams Club in Portland, Me in 2007 and they still look great. I still wear them to the store and casual events. Many good comments on those sandals. Actually looking for a new pair, maybe in a different color, because I love them so much.

Acoustic Bass

Jan 08 #1090896

Birkenstock's are the Mercedes Benz of sandals! Birk's rock!

Jul 29, 2015 #1013357

Those look very, very well worn. The foot imprints show that there was plenty of hazard wear on these shows. They are made out of cork and rubber not steal. So petty...

2 0 Reply

Jul 09, 2015 #1005269

Those are not Birkenstocks. They are a cheap knock off that is not affiliated. That's probably why you did not get a call back.

2 0 Reply
BirkLover

Mar 29, 2015 #965421 Overland Park, Kansas, United States

Don't ever buy Betula! Buy Birkenstock. Betula seems like a lesser brand, like a cheapo Biekenstock.

1 0 Reply
LAM

Feb 19, 2015 #948121

Call, don't email. It yields better results.

christine

Sep 12, 2014 #869343

I tripped & fell when the rubber sole (which had separated from the cork on one of my birkenstock sandals) caught on the unmarred, debris-free concrete patio I was walking across. Besides the cuts, scraps, bruises, aches & pain I endured, I ended up with $8000 worth of dental work that might be completed after 8mo! I've suffered alot of embarrassment and my social life is non-existent.

1 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Birkenstock. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Birkenstock.
Filing a new complaint about
×